Selecting Your Wardrobe For Your Newborn Parent Portraits in OC
I wanted to write this blog post for parents preparing for their newborn session. Many want to capture this fleeting moment with parent and family shots. I always encourage my clients to do this even if they really don’t feel their best because they are really doing it for their child not for themselves. In the years to come when your child is older they will really want photos with their parents.
To make the best of your newborn portraits you should always consider the importance of your wardrobe. Here are a few key things I like to tell my parents when selecting their clothes for their shoot.
- Stay away from busy prints as this will be distracting and take the focus away from your faces.
- Wear solid colors as this works best for newborn parent shots. Your clothing will be a backdrop for your baby.
- Stay away from graphic tees.
- Parents look best if they are both wearing the same solid color.
- Iron your clothing before you come because wrinkles are expensive to photoshop out. 😉
- If you have older children they should also wear something that is coordinating with what parents are wearing.
- For older girl siblings a little dress with straps works nicely. If wearing diapers please be sure she is wearing a diaper cover.
- Toddlers also look really cute shirtless.
Here, I took newborn parent shots of this lovely Orange County couple. In the first shot I asked that they wear something busy.
The next shot I asked that they wear something solid in color and coordinate with each other. Now this couple is extremely beautiful so you may not see a lot of difference, but as a photographer I do. Their features and their baby stand out much more in the second photo where they are wearing black. The focus is more on my subjects (family) instead of what they are wearing.
I hope you found these tips helpful for your upcoming newborn session!
Check out my recent blog post: “What Studio Cee Photography can do for Orange County expecting parents” by clicking on the following link….Newborn Photographer Orange County.
If you are debating whether to even hire an Orange County newborn photographer please read my post on “Why Hire a Professional Newborn Photographer”.
Call for availability 949-228-1639.